New: 3 Watercolor Illustrated Cards
By Margaret Sutton
5 X 7 each, suitable for framing
These three color illustrations (1930-31) were done to illustrate the proposed Melissa series, which eventually became the Judy Bolton Mysteries. Rachel Beebe Sutton, the author, who was raised in Potter County, Pennsylvania, was given a pen name, Margaret Sutton, by the publishers. The author also changed blonde Melissa into auburn-haired Judy Bolton, and the rest is history!
$3 per set of 3 (5 X 7) cards
Add $2 for shipping and handling (USA & Canada)
Payable to Lindsay Stroh, 953 Courtyard Lane, #41
Orlando, FL 32825
Or PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the picture of Peter with the trunk is brighter than shown.
Join Us for the 2018 Judy Bolton Weekend!
October 4-7 in Coudersport, Pennsylvania
Since 1991, fans have gathered in picturesque Potter County to explore the real life sites that served as inspiration for the Judy Bolton Mystery Series, to discuss the books, and to honor the author, Margaret Sutton (1903-2001). The author was born Rachel Beebe and raised in Odin and Coudersport, Pennsylvania. This year, the Judy Bolton weekend activities include:
Thursday, October 4
6:00 PM - Meet in the hotel lobby, then enjoy a casual dinner followed by open mic music at Olga's Café in Coudersport.
Friday, October 5
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast and socializing in the hotel lobby.
- 10:00 AM – Falling Leaves Outdoor Festival, all day Friday and Saturday on the Courthouse Square with vendors, wood carving, children's activities and more. This is also a good time to explore Potter County museums, antique shops, and used book stores.
- 4:00 PM – Meet and greet reception, Location to be announced later. Wine and cheese reception honoring the memory of Margaret Sutton and her Judy Bolton books. Buy tickets here for lunch during the Saturday tour.
- 6:30 PM - Farmer's Delight Dinner at a 19th century historic farmhouse built by Margaret Sutton's father and grandfather, $14, advance reservation requested by October 4, 2017. Call Ilene Altenheim at 814-274-9798 with your name, phone, and number of people attending. Pay at the door.
- 8:30 PM – Millstream Inn Conference Room. Activities include series book sales, an overview of this year's featured book, "The Secret of the Musical Tree," and presentation of the Susabella Passengers and Friends 2018 Margaret Sutton Writer's Award.
Saturday, October 6
- 9:00 AM-3:30 PM - Tour of the real Judy Bolton sites. Peg and John Rotello direct this tour which includes lunch at the Austin School where the students created a Judy Bolton mural. Bring your cameras! See the sites that inspired the series locales such as the dam, the Potter House and the Farringdon-Pett mansion. Early October is the perfect time to enjoy Potter County's fall foliage!
- 6:00 PM –Dinner at a local restaurant, to be announced later.
- 8:00 PM – Millstream Inn Conference Room. Series book sales continue. The highlight of the evening will be the Annual Judy Bolton Trivia Contest about "The Secret of the Musical Tree." Laughter guaranteed!
Sunday, October 7
If you are staying at the Millstream Inn, enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast and a last chance to visit with Judy Bolton fans.
For reservations at the Millstream Inn, call early (814) 274-9900 www.millstreaminn.com, and tell them you are with the Judy Bolton group. A block of rooms has been reserved, with first priority to those who are arriving on Thursday and staying 3 nights.
THE STRANGE LIKENESS, #39 in the Judy Bolton series is available!
The title and some of the plot elements were created by Margaret Sutton before the series was cancelled. Based on conversations with Margaret Sutton and her family plus extensive research, coauthors Kate Duvall and Beverly Hatfield were able to create a new mystery for Judy to solve as she pursues a criminal who resembles her husband.
The book is illustrated by Margaret Sutton's daughter, Marjorie Sutton Eckstein, and edited by another daughter, Lindsay Sutton Stroh. The release of the book was celebrated in Margaret Sutton’s hometown, Coudersport, Pennsylvania, during the annual Judy Bolton Days, October 5-6, 2012.
The book has been published in paperback ($14.95) by Applewood Books. A limited number of hardbacks (250 copies) were also available ($24.95). To order your copies, call Applewood Books at 1-800-277-5312 or visit www.applewoodbooks.com.
All 38 of the Judy Bolton Mysteries by Margaret Sutton are now available in paperback from Applewood books. They were laser copied from the first editions of each book, courtesy of the author's family.
Look for them at your favorite bookstore! You can also purchase them on Amazon.com.